Making IP video a reality for you…
NDI® harnesses the power of Software, Computers, and Networks to make video creation and sharing accessible and fun for millions, helping fuel the software defined visual storytelling revolution. NDI makes video a standard part of every computer network, from common IT implementations to mobile environments and has changed the picture- giving everyone access to easy-to-use, high-quality video using the equipment they have today.
Make Video Simple
NDI® moves live digital media around with your existing software applications, computing devices, and networks using what you already have.
- Enables systems, devices, and applications to connect and communicate over IP to share video, audio, and data.
- Adds connected devices to networks at television stations, webcasting facilities, homes, offices, or out on the street with simple discovery.
- Gets live video moving across your network with Windows, Mac, and Linux software applications by just downloading NDI® tools for capture, monitoring, test, and control at no charge.
- Supports software and hardware used from school classrooms all the way up to network broadcasting from a wide variety of NDI partners.
- Works on all networks and even in the cloud, on local and global networks providing the highest quality video at the lowest latency.
Scale up capacity
NDI® empowers even small teams of creatives to achieve big show results, as there are no limitations from specialized upgrades, networks, or hardware.
- Provides multiple video sources to work simultaneously on Gigabit Ethernet networks, and grows to 10Gbit and beyond for massive scaling up to almost unlimited streams and resolutions.
- Accommodates multiple NDI® video, audio, and metadata streams on a shared connection using standard network infrastructures.
- Uses WiFi networks as another complementary path to make smartphones, tablets, and other compatible products NDI® sources and destinations.
- Integrates into software applications and tools created by developers or by users at no cost.
Mix different media
To keep your productions looking good NDI® preserves visual quality, frame accuracy, and source synchronization.
- Achieves high quality imagery with full 16bpp video color depth support.
- Works with any resolution, aspect ratio, and frame rate and formats including 4K UHD and beyond.
- Supports embedded alpha channel for keying along with proxy, control, tally, custom metadata, and precision time stamps.
- Extends to mobile integration using mobile devices as sources and streaming out to websites and social media platforms.
- Includes audio requirements with support for 48kHz, 96kHz and beyond using 16, 32, and 64 channels or more.
- Utilizes computers, webcams, media players, and media applications as NDI sources.
- Interoperates with other standards including SDI and SMPTE ST 2110 enabling mixing all types of video delivery methods together.
Connect all activities
NDI® is an elegant solution that merges all stages of production from start to finish, so all your production tasks and processes are united to accomplish your creative vision.
- Captures multiple sources to view, hear, mix, record, store, and edit productions.
- Operates bi-directionally so every source is also a destination, and any NDI® enabled system or device connected to the network is seen using standard IP transfer methods.
- Records sources with time stamping to provide multi-channel synchronization across inputs, systems, and locations making multi-cam production and multi-cam editing easy.
- Provides a wide choice of products including cameras and converters to find everything needed for interconnected productions.
- Sets the groundwork today for a future of greater mobile device usage with aspect ratio, frame rate, and resolution independence to address mobile device inputs and outputs.
For more information visit NDI.tv